Sunday, August 21, 2011

In praise of sacrament meeting



First off, kudos to a great home teacher who got my laptop working on our wireless router once again!

Now onto the topic which has been on my mind for the last little while..... Church.

I love going to church. I love the feeling I get when I go. I love learning more about Jesus and Heavenly Father and their Gospel. I love meeting with people who aren't perfect but who also love God and want to learn how to serve Him and be more like Him.

In trying to find a picture that would go along with my topic, I was quite dismayed at what I found when I googled "lds sacrament meeting". There were a couple official church sites but there were also some former church members grumbling about sacrament meeting. (That's why I decided to make my post title something with sacrament meeting in it. Hopefully, it might rise to the top.

I love hymns. I love hearing different people talk about their experiences in how their understanding of the Gospel has helped them in their life. I listening to different people expound on the scriptures so that I can understand them better. I love it. How can anyone make it through a week without it? I haven't even discussed that going to church gives you the opportunity to partake of the sacrament of the Lord's atonement. This gives me the chance to start over and try to do better the next week. I love the "start over" approach the Gospel gives me.

I love church.

No comments: