Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Tender Mercies of the Lord

I love the phrase "tender mercy". I will compile a list of scriptures that mention the tender mercies of Heavenly Father and/or Jesus.

Here is the first one and, I think, one of my very, very favorite scriptures of all time:
But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance. 1 Nephi 1:20


Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight.
• • •

Great are thy tender mercies, O LORD: quicken me according to thy judgments.
Psalms 119:77, 156



8 And after I had traveled for the space of many hours in darkness, I began to pray unto the Lord that he would have mercy on me, according to the multitude of his tender mercies.
• • •
37 And he did exhort them then with all the feeling of a tender parent, that they would hearken to his words, that perhaps the Lord would be merciful to them, and not cast them off; yea, my father did preach unto them.
1 Nephi 8:8, 37


Ps. 40: 11
11 Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.
Ps. 51: 1
1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Ps. 69: 16
16 Hear me, O LORD; for thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of thy tender mercies.


Ps. 145: 9
9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

No comments: