Tuesday, April 26, 2011

More on the Jaredites

I find it interesting that the Lord helped the brother of Jared to light the barges because Jesus is associated with light:


John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.


It is hard to imagine how hard it would have been for the Jaredites to cross the water for almost a year without any light. It would have been impossible. In the same way, it is impossible for us to navigate through our lives if we don't have the light from Christ to guide.

It reminds me of this scripture:


Psalms 119:105

105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path
.


While searching around the internet about the Jaredite barges and the lighted stones, I found this article by Hugh Nibley that talks about this very thing. I will put a link here so I can find it again. It is quite a long article and I didn't get to read the whole thing.
http://maxwellinstitute.byu.edu/publications/books/?bookid=60&chapid=609

No comments: