Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Scriptures online changes- very cool!

As I have mentioned before, I read the scriptures online quite a bit. When I opened them this morning, I see that they have changed a bit. I knew they were re-doing LDS.org but I didn't know that included the scriptures site, too.

If you have read the conference talks online, you see that they have quite a few study aids to help you. If you log in, you can even put in your own notes as you read the talks. Now I see that they have done the same thing with the scriptures! How great! Before, I was adding my notes to a separate word document. Now they will be all together. You can mark your scriptures and take notes just like you would your regular hard copy of your scriptures.

Do we live in a great age of technology or what??!!
To take notes, etc. you need to create an account. You need your membership number, which is listed on your temple recommend or the membership record you usually get at tithing settlement. I think it will also want your confirmation date, which is on the same membership record. If they didn't hand it out at tithing settlement, you can still ask your ward clerk for a copy.

The church's website gets better and better! What a fantastic resource!
Here is the link to the scriptures: http://lds.org/scriptures?lang=eng

And if you want more, here is a link to the gen. conf. talks: http://lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2010/10?lang=eng

No comments: