Sunday, December 5, 2010

Reading glasses, an analogy.....



I was just trying to read the small print on some baking instructions for something I want to make for dinner today. It is hard to read but I just didn't feel like taking the time to track down some reading glasses. I finally decided to just go grab some. I was able to read the directions clearly and I was on to the next task. I have had this same experience and tried to read the instructions when I was making a cake and put in way too much water. It didn't turn out too well. If I would have just taken a minute to go grab my glasses, it would have prevented the mistake I made. It made me stop and think a bit....

Using those reading glasses is like taking the time to ask for the Spirit and then waiting for feelings of inspiration. It really isn't that hard to have the Spirit but sometimes we are just lazy and don't feel like going through the process. Whether we utilize the help of the Spirit is up to us and and we have to do the task whether we get help or not. So why don't we just go ahead and use the help available to us?

No comments: