Monday, June 7, 2010

Let no spirit of digression overcome you....

The other day I was listening to this song that was sung in the priesthood session of the last general conference. The words "let no spirit of digression overcome you in the evil hour." This made me think of one of my favorite thoughts: Satan would have us fill our lives with things that are not essential to our salvation. Do the important things first. I looked up the word "digression" in the dictionary. It says to digress is to leave the main subject temporarily in speech or writing. To me, this is truly one of Satan's best tools in this century. We just get distracted for a little while and then we get caught up and then, before we know it, look at all the time that has passed.

1 comment:

Cottage by the Falls Wellness Center said...

I woke up yesterday morning with these words running through my head. I had to listen to figure out what song it was. I had always thought that I was singing "disgression", which is a different word than "digression" . As we "list to obey" various spirits of digression, such as anger, ingratitude, fear, abandonment, etc, we most certainly do not "pro-tress". As we trust the Savior and His divine atonement, we can overcome these spirits that would keep us from reaching our full potential.