Monday, May 12, 2008

Find a different fan!





So, my experience at the gym this morning gave me something to think about....

I have been going to a new gym for a few weeks and so I am still figuring out where everything is. I walk/run on the treadmill and sometimes I like to do it with a fan on. It makes it much more comfortable. This morning I looked around for the fan that I usually use and someone had moved it down by some other machines so I didn't want to go get it in case someone else had it over there and was going to use it. So on I walked, sweating, and finished. When I got off, I walked in front of the treadmill and there was a fan that I could have used.

Okay, here is the gospel application. Sometimes we are looking for an answer to a prayer or some direction from Heavenly Father and we don't think we are receiving anything. But sometimes the answer or direction we are looking for comes in a way we don't expect or aren't looking for, or it doesn't come in a way that it usually comes. That's when we need to look around and see if there is a different "fan" we can use.

There are many ways to receive direction from our Father in Heaven. Here are some of the ways: prayer, scriptures, words of the Prophets, talks at church, conversations with others, lessons at church, patriarchal blessings, other types of blessings, quiet contemplation time, attending the temple, counsel of parents, listening to hymns and other worthy music, etc. When we are looking for an answer, we need to make sure our hearts are open to any of the ways the Spirit will speak to us.

No comments: