Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hymn Phrases

As I was contemplating the words of Jesus the Very Thought of Thee, it made me think of other phrases from hymns that I love and that are wonderful to comtemplate.


I want to make this blog entry a place where I can record these phrases in one place.



Hymns #2 The Spirit of God

"We'll sing and we'll shout with the armies of Heaven."

Hymns #6 Redeemer of Israel (one of my very favorite hymns)

"Our shadow by day and our pillar by night."
"How long we have wandered as strangers in sin, and cried in the desert for thee! Our foes have rejoiced when our sorrows they've seen but Israel will shortly be free."

Hymns #26 Joseph Smith's First Prayer

"But, undaunted, still he trusted in his Heavenly Father's care."

Hymns #85 How Firm a Foundation
"As thy days may demand, so thy succor shall be"

#335 Brightly Beams our Father's Mercy
I love ALL the words in this hymn!!

Brightly beams our Father's mercy from His lighthouse evermore,
But to us He gives the keeping of the lights along the shore.

CHORUS:
Let the lower lights be burning; send a gleam across the wave.
Some poor fainting, struggling seaman you may rescue, you may save.

Dark the night of sin has settled; Loud the angry billows roar.
Eager eyes are watching, longing, for the lights along the shore.

Trim your feeble lamp, my brother; Some poor sailor, tempest-tossed,
Trying now to make the harbor, In the darkness may be lost.

No comments: