Sunday, January 13, 2008

And my father dwelt in a tent

I have always found it interesting that Nephi mentioned so many times that they were living in tents after they left Jerusalem. What are we to learn from this? In my mind, he is trying to tell us that great things can happen in humble circumstances and also that even when conditions are not ideal, good things can still occur.


The occurrences of "dwelt in a tent" in the Text of the Scriptures, sorted by relevance.

1 Ne. 2: 15
15 And my father dwelt in a tent.
1 Ne. 9: 1
1 And all these things did my father see, and hear, and speak, as he dwelt in a tent, in the valley of Lemuel, and also a great many more things, which cannot be written upon these plates.
1 Ne. 10: 16
16 And all these things, of which I have spoken, were done as my father dwelt in a tent, in the valley of Lemuel.
1 Ne. 16: 6
6 Now, all these things were said and done as my father dwelt in a tent in the valley which he called Lemuel.


The Official Scriptures of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2006 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments: