Monday, March 18, 2013

My Top Ten Favorite New Testament scriptures

In honor of the upcoming Easter season, I would like to post my top ten favorite scriptures in the New Testament:
1. Matthew 7:20
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
2. Matthew 11:28-30
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
3. Mark 4: 39, 41
39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. 41 And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?
4. Mark 9:23-24 23
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
5. Luke 1: 78-79
78 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, 79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
6. Luke 22:44
And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly:...
7.  John 3: 16-17
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
8.  John 8: 7
...He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
9. Romans 8:38-39
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
10. Ephesians 4:29, 30, 32
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.

No comments: