Sunday, January 8, 2012

What the Book of Mormon teaches me

Having just finished the Book of Mormon a few days ago and now starting in again, I find it interesting that this verse is in the first chapter of the Book of Mormon:

1 Nephi 1:20
But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance.


And this scripture is in the last chapter of the Book of Mormon:
Moroni 10:3
Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.


I have to say that the Book of Mormon and my own experiences have taught me that it is true. Heavenly Father loves and watches over all His children. He will help those who turn to Him and His Son, Jesus Christ. Even when we are going through adversity, there are always tender mercies given to us if we look for them.

This is the main lesson I have learned from the Book of Mormon.

1 comment:

Shelli Sivert said...

You should teach seminary or something. You have so many good points. Keep it up!