Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The more I think about this scripture, the more I love it..


This is definitely in my top 10 list of favorite scriptures. I found it a while back when I was looking for a scripture that would help our family try harder to be kind. I printed it out and have hung it in various places around our house. I don't know if anyone else in the house even notices it, but I do. Every time I see it and read it, I love it more.

Ephesians 4
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.


When I read this scripture, I always think of Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's wonderful General Conference address entitled "The Tongue of Angels".


http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=662fb5658af22110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

No comments: