Saturday, August 21, 2010

Solving problems



In my scripture reading this morning (Mosiah 26), I have been reading about Alma and his work in setting up and maintaining branches of the church in Zarahemla. There were some things that stood out to me as I read. Now that the churches have been established, there are beginning to be some problems that are troubling to Alma. He is not sure what to do. This got my attention because I am in a new position at school and am starting to encounter some situations in which I am not sure what to do.

This is the process Alma uses to solve problems:
1. He delegates it to someone who he thinks might have a better idea what to do. He consults with others.
2. The problem is given back to him, so he prays.
3. He is given inspiration from God and writes it down so he won't forget it.
4. He moves forward with the information he is given.


The most interesting part of this to me was that it mentions a couple times that Alma was troubled. Life is not easy and we all come across problems that we don't know how to handle. Here is an example of what someone who is sincerely and diligently trying to be a disciple of Christ does.

No comments: